Sunday, April 29, 2018

Starry Bright Sky QAL - Textured Four-Patches - Gathered Strip Month 4


This year Alida is adding a free event to her quilt along, textured four-patches.  The procedures for this are linked to from her site, they are from Teresa at Teresa Down Under.  What a great collaboration!



This was a easy block to make.

My only tip would be to use a different color in the bobbin, then it would be easy to know which threads to pull to make the gather.

To be sure it doesn't unravel I sewed at the exposed ends of the yellow strips - about 1/8 inch from the edge.

I found this darker blue so decided to start putting it in the quilt.  I hope it doesn't distract from the other shades.

Thanks Alida!

Here is the link to her blog with all the information:
http://alidatweloqdesigns.blogspot.com/p/starry-bright-sky-qal-2018.html

===========

Ireland

I'm going to go to Ireland the end of June and July.  The first part I will be with my husband.  We will have a few days to get acclimated to the time zone and location, and visit a former student I hope in Ireland but in the north,  then his American cousins will be joining us.  We will have about 10 days with them.  Well, I will.  My husband is speaking at a conference for 3 or 4 of those days so he will be tied up with that.  Then we have 3 or 4 days staying at an Irish cousin's house.  I have only met her daughter and her friends but had fun taking them around a few years ago.  So we are staying at her mother's place - she has a guest house and wanted us to stay there.  The other American cousins will be at a hotel nearby and we will hook up with them for site seeing every day.  There is going to be a reunion party that we will be helping out with and attending.  Then we end with a few days in Dublin - and say our goodbyes.

My husband also will leave and I will be there a few days alone - then I'm pretty sure our son will come over and spend a week or so I think with me and Ireland.  Tips? Suggestions?  We don't have to stay in Ireland - we could go to Northern Ireland, or England, or Scotland.  It's all up in the air as I really don't know specifics.  We will be renting a car - hopefully an automatic - but at this late date will have to accept what ever we can get.

Anyway, if anyone happens to have any ideas, please send them along.  I'm starting to look up quilting links, but I really enjoy museums and walking about.  I've heard about the canal boats - that seems like a fun thing to do, but I think might be better with 4 people...

My email is linked in my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!