Amazing that it's just a few days away...
We have been having coffee and breakfast together sitting in the sun in the living by the Christmas tree. It's been very nice to start the day that way!
Today I stopped him from going to work so we could plan the meal together.
So far we are having five guests and we have decided on:
- Crackers, Cheese, Grapes/Apple Slices
- Carrots, celery
- Appetizer up to 325 calories
- Low Fat Apricot Stuffed Chicken Breasts - http://www.food.com/recipe/low-fat-apricot-stuffed-chicken-breasts-54159
- Quinoa Dried Apricots Almonds - https://www.raleys.com/www/recipe?recipeid=580016&themeid= (we are going to serve a version of this under the chicken)
- Beautiful Brussels Sprouts - http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/beautiful-brussels-sprouts/?printable_recipe=80688
- Green salad with romaine, apricots, cranberries, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.
- Dinner up to 1000 calories
- Swedish Fruit Cake - http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Swedish-Fruitcake
- Berries and whipped cream
- Dessert up to 400 calories
One of the guests will be coming over on Christmas Eve and we will chop together, set the table, chat, and maybe make some rolls so on Christmas Day itself my husband and I will just need to compile and bake!
This adds up to a huge number of calories, but amazingly we discarded several other dishes that would have tripled the count.
Now that I finished the pajama bag I can move over to the house and the food!