Time is passing so quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday that I wrote the last update!
I made a second courthouse step block:
This week we were on to pineapple blocks. I made a few variations of this block for the Block Lotto in 2011 - Sophie always had a great way of describing the colors to use to make the blocks look so lovely together. I wish she were continuing with her block ideas.
This sampler quilt has these Log Cabin block variations (click to go to her site):
- Getting Ready for the Log Cabin Sampler. The blocks are 9″ square, 49 blocks total square. Quilt will be 63" square.
- Corner Block Make 11 blocks (five with a light square and six with a dark square)
- Bento Block Make 3 blocks
- Court House Steps Make 3 blocks
- Traditional Log Cabin Make 9 blocks
- Greek Keys Make 3 blocks
- Off Set Cabin Make 7 blocks
- Star Cabin Make 6 blocks
- Cornerstone Log Cabin Make 7 blocks
- Finishing it up
- Sampler Quilting Options
Hopefully, next week I will have more to write about.