Monday, April 23, 2018

Leah Day's Explore Walking Foot Quilting: My "Rainbow Log Cabin" Part 16

I finished the second half of the corner.  Boy the point sure has a lot of thread!

It took about 40 minutes to do the marking and sewing, then another ten minutes to tie knots and bury them.

One down, three to go!


There are a few minor pleats on the back. But because this time I was starting at a line, the intersections are very good.  Next time I do a design like this, for the larger blue areas with the bright stars, I would first sew a square so I had a place for the start and end of the lines to go! I guess I should have made marks every two and half or three inches to have fewer spokes going into the corner....  We'll see how the quilt ends up!  If I had been better at visualizing how it was going to thread up at the corners I guess I would have stopped about 7 inches from the corner and put something else from that point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!