So many times in the past DH has said he had to work and we haven't done much together. But today I guess he needed a break so we actually did go out and spend the day together.
We went to Little Italy to the Farmer's Market. He doesn't go there often so he bypassed my suggestions on where to park so he had to keep going back to put money in the meter - but it was a start. The Farmer's Market is larger than what it was before, lots of fun to see things. Jo was there for her Italian lesson so she met up with us - we got the wonderful balsamic vinegar that she had the other day at her place then went to lunch. It wasn't a delicious lunch but was nice.
She had to leave then so DH and I walked a little more - then had to fill the parking meter again, so just left. To sort of extend the day then we went to Costco and shopped around a bit.
Once home we seemed to eat a lot of unhealthy things (ice cream with new carmel sauce from Little Italy), yogurt and granola, soup and english muffin.
I felt like I was getting a cold so went to store and got sudafed - and a piece of cake that I had half of when we returned.
It was nice, normal together with family day. I hope we will start to do this more. We talked about going to the Hillcrest Farmer's Market on Sunday!
Beginner BabySteps: Day 18
- Make your bed
- Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Read your FlyLady emails
- Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
- Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
- Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
- Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!
- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
- Go to bed at your bedtime (new habit from Day 17)