Wednesday, January 8, 2014

01082014: Wednesday Letting Go

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So today I really finally felt like I was done with the organization.  After working all last night on the financial report, I sent it to the new person and went to bed around 5am.  Woke though at noon and was ready with a new idea to streamline the report.  The trouble was I was looking at the previous year's whole year summary and trying to align my figures using that as a model, what I was really supposed to do was the event summary.  I was letting myself get distracted by noticing the errors in the previous report, not my responsibility.  So I made a nice one page summary of the event and a one page list of suggestions for changes to the file the other lady made.  I added a sheet to the excel file that I've been using to store information and resent everything to the new lady, with a note asking for feedback and saying I still had ideas to contribute but it was her game now. That she should call if she had questions, or I had forgotten something or she just wanted to bounce ideas, or to call for coffee.  She hasn't answered yet.  I have to move on.  It's for someone else now.  I will find something else to work on; like quilting, friends, reading, and walking!

I felt pretty good today even with the odd sleeping patterns. Also I've misplaced by mouth guard and can't find it.  I have been so tired when I went to bed that I didn't get up the way I usually do to put it in.  Luckily I don't get head aches when I don't wear it but it wrecks my teeth to not  wear it so need to find it or get a replacement.

I'm surprised that it's already Wednesday though, the week has flown by!  Pretty soon I won't have any excuse not to get the things done that I want to get done.
Found on Pinterest.
The webpage link doesn't work though.
  1. Daily Photo - yep
  2. Daily Food: cottage cheese and strawberries, English muffin with marmalade and PB, soup and crackers with hummus, lean cuisine salad with English muffin marmalade and PB, banana and some extra PB.
  3. Exercise - none
  4. Sewing: Building Blocks,  RSC14 (Jan Blue) Nothing done here - still thinking about the back of the quilt.  I was playing with having a different block of color - 12 different ones to go with the different blocks on the front.  Then I thought the colors might clash.  So was thinking off all white back, or white with narrow strips of grey or black (or color) streaking thru it - sort of like the image above - but just one color.  So I have to think more.  I could get going with cutting my white fabric strips though tomorrow.
  5. Flylady: Beginning Baby Steps - Day 1: Clean Your Sink - Day 2: Lace Up Shoes - Day 3: Start exploring The FlyLady website. Be sure to read the Launch Pad section. This is where you will find the Daily Flight Plan Read flylady emails - Day 4: Your next thing is to write these things down on a sticky note and post them on your bathroom mirror and above your kitchen sink. This is the beginning of your Control Journal. The little notes help us to remember the habits we are trying to establish. Day 5: Recognizing the negative voices when you hear them and changing the words to be nice to you. That is what FLYing (Finally Loving Yourself) is all about. - Day 6: Spend 2 minutes working on a hot spot. - Day 7: Pick out clothes for next day - put them out! - Day 8: Today, go find an old three-ring binder and just put some loose leaf paper in it. Then, at the top of one page, write Morning Routine, and on the top of another page, write Before-Bed Routine in pencil. 
    Comment:  I don't think I'll really make a physical binder. I think the WORD report option would be a better way for me to go.  I grabbed a binder from my bookshelf though and it was a bunch of stuff from when I was Director of Secondary Curriculum and Online Experiences (I misremembered and thought my title was Director of Curriculum and Technology - it was in 2001. Can't believe it's been 13 years.  That was a well paying job but I can see from the notes the people were not entering in data correctly and then were confused when things did not show up in the WASC report.  I learned from that job, but it was the wrong time for me to work so much.  Our son was just starting high school and I wanted to get to know the teachers and other families.  So I left that job and then jumped into volunteering with the parent associations.   But it's all what you make of it.  I'll be going this book shelves and clearing stuff out too now that I have time....
  6. Family - I thought DS and I were going to OC this week, but maybe it's next week.  Oh well.  I told him I wouldn't bug him about doing it as it's really something I initiated not him.
  7. Others - One of my friends is in PS with her husband.  They are going thru tough times now so I hope they have a good trip.
  8. Paperwork - only for the organization.
  9. Vitamins PM only
  10. January Tasks: 
  • Decide on fabric for the backing and thread - and prep the fabric to cut the strips,
  • QG to QB,
  • org emails, mint categorize, reports to TP and google,
  • Health Insurance for DS,
  • Papers for familyt,
  • Contact boston dentist,
  • contact friends for catch-up notes
  • Make appt for mammo and bones
  • Lab work
  • Appt doctor
  • Wear Contacts
  • Appt eye doctor
  • Appt teeth cleaning
Next day appt -none!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!