Sunday, January 19, 2014

01192014 Sunday Hillcrest Farmer's Market

Today we watched some TV in bed before leaving for the Hillcrest Farmer's Market.  It was really easy to find free parking for all day, but the event was not as large nor as complete as the Little Italy Market.  It was more of a swap meet kind of thing with people selling clothes, sheets and candles - as well as prepared food and farmer's offerings.  We bought beans and kale as we walked up and down.  DH was disappointed that the hot dogs were not cooked on a grill so we didn't eat there.  Afterwards we went to Great Maple for lunch.  Delicious food.  I had polenta and shrimp, DH had scrambled eggs with fried oysters, bacon and mushrooms.  Both good, I liked mine better though.  Funny how that happens.  The bloody mary was nice, but reminded me how wonderful it is at Hash House a Go Go.  They served it with a slice of bacon, tomato slices, lettuce, piece of white bread (or maybe it's toasted) and a little packet of mayo.  Super wonderful.  But Great Maple was nice - someplace to bring out of town guests nice..!

We went to Costco again for a remote - then home where I pretty much did nothing.  I even went to sleep for a few hours, but woke to watch Downton Abbey.  But Ci called so we put that on hold while I caught up with her.  Before she called I was having trouble remembering all the characters anyway.

Tomorrow is the day DS had said we would go to OC together.  He has said for for a few weeks for different days but the days just pass by without anything happening.  I'm thinking I will go by myself, but it might be that I get too sad to enjoy myself so I don't know what I will do tomorrow.

Beginner BabySteps: Day 19

Morning Routine

  • Make your bed
  • Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
  • Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Read your FlyLady emails
  • Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
  • Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
  • Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
  • Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

Before-Bed Routine

  • Keep your sink shining
  • Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
  • Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
  • Go to bed at your bedtime
Here is another inspirational testimonial that is the first page of FlyLady’s book, Sink Reflections. Your home can be this, too. You are taking the BabySteps to get you there.

May all our homes be our own private Bed and Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!