Friday, February 23, 2018

Starry Bright Sky QAL - Pattern 1b Raw Edge Applique Shooting Star


I made time today to simplify the second raw edge applique pattern for the Starry Bright Sky QAL - a shooting star!  (Previously I shared how horrible I really was with this technique so to stay in the QAL I had to modify the beautiful design just to have something done...)



I am only improving by actually doing some of this, but really hoping when it's in a quilt that I won't keep looking at the points....

Tip: I didn't have iron on stabilizer, so I used starch to stiffen the fabric, and that worked well.

I'm linking up to Alida's site at http://alidatweloqdesigns.blogspot.com/2018/02/starry-bright-sky-qal-linky-month-2.html

You can click and see the way the other people have interpreted the challenges!  Join in by following the directions on the website.  I did in 2016 and everyday am glad I finished the game board challenges that year...


1 comment:

  1. It looks really cute! I am happy to hear that you are taking on the challenges and enjoying practising! Thanks for participating in the QAL!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!