Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tumbler: How the top and sides will look

Subject to adding more rows in all directions - here is how I decided to finish the edges of the tumbler quilt.  I put one row at top and the bottom of all color blocks.  And at the side I added enough blocks so there is one column of all color - and then a straight edge with the beige that is in between the blocks in the center of the quilt.

I think I'll quilt by making vertical lines sort of echoing the zig zag of the pieces - so this will be done all in one piece - not QAYG.  Unless I decide to make the quilt larger.  Then I will use Sara's method of adding rows!

DH told me he saw a bunch of inexpensive tables at Lowes - think will check them out to see if one would be something I could use to baste quilts.

I'm pressing all the rows so they are in one direction.  There are a few pieces where the fabric flipped instead of staying put - but so far only one that got twisted.

Hmm.  If I had a design wall I would have worked more with the order of the colors - but I did clump them together so it looks like I scattered them on the top with some order....

I'm really surprised at how I'm enjoying putting this top together.  It would be lovely to be able to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!