Sunday, January 8, 2012

News from SewCalGal: Sale at Bits & Pieces in Escondido, CA

SewCal Gal posted in 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge (FaceBook).

For those living in So. Cal., Bits & Pieces in Escondido, CA has a fire sale and everything is 50% off. They have a great collection of Kona Cottons, which for ~$2.50/yard makes for inexpensive FMQ practice quilts, as well as for regular quilting. Fire was small, in a nearby business. Minimal smoke damage, but their insurance approved the 50% off sale. They also have batiks, childrens fabrics, and a variety of other fabrics. Unfortunately, they are not setup for online sales.

Bits & Pieces, Inc.
426 B W. 2nd Ave.
Escondido, CA   92025 USA
(760) 745- 5878 < I called and got message that the sale had started Jan 4th...
bitsnpieces@pacbell.net

Store Hours
Sunday Closed
Monday Closed
Tuesday 9:30am - 5:00pm < I will be there!
Wednesday 9:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday 9:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 9:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:30am - 4:00pm

---

When I was in my master's degree program one of the professors had us write up lists of books and supplies we would like in our classroom, just in case.  We had one list for like $2K, one for $5K, one for $10K - I can't remember the breakdown. But sure enough my second year of teaching I was given short notice for being able to get new supplies for my classroom - I was so glad that I could pull that list out and present it to my principal.  I had the addresses, ISBN numbers, prices and date researched for each item.  As a result, I had a lovely set of materials in my room, it became a real reading lab.  I should make a list of what fabrics and supplies I would like on a quilting dream list just so I am prepared with what to get when there are sales like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!