Saturday, February 18, 2012

Getting Ready: Cutting Fabric

My strips!
I don't know why it took me so long to do this, but here it is just a few days before my workshop and I spent most of the day cutting fabrics.

I decided to cut at least one full strips from most of the fabrics in at least one of these sizes: 1.5', 2', 2.5"

Then I cut a 9.5" square.

Then combinations: 5.0", 4.5", 4.0", 3.0" and sometimes even a 1".

I have cut my purples and most of my white and black - started some green and blue but will continue tomorrow.

I still need to sew up HST, geese and strata for the workshop!

I did some exploration with different ways to do HST and geese that I wrote about in previous posts (that helped me decide what sizes to cut the strips)....

So tomorrow I will continue with strips and will sew up a few of each of the parts just so I have some ready when I get at the workshop.  (I also have some real work to do before I leave too.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!