Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sew 15 Minutes a Day

I'm linking to
http://kate-life-in-pieces.blogspot.com/2012/03/15-minute-challenge-march-27th.html

3-14 Wednesday: (still ill, but getting better!) I picked the smallest quadrant of my black backed practice sandwich and finished that.

3-15 Thursday: (better) I joined two sections of my Leah Day Practice sandwiches using two methods: The way she describes with 1 inch and 1.5 inch strips, and with "Quilting Edge" method (also sent emails opening up the Liberated Round Robin

3-16 Friday: (cold only - so better) FMQed the sash and finished joining the four pieces.  Taped pattern for Leah Day on window, prepared fabric and marked the pattern. Moved fabric from den to dining room (more out of the way) and put up design wall there. (that promptly fell down - oh well).

3-17 Saturday: (cold worse)  I was very excited to get the binding on and the practice quilt washed before we leave on our trip - so I did that when I woke today!  I didn't cut special strips, I didn't measure.  I used a different strip on each side and at the tops I folded the fabric back tried to force the machine to take it all in.  In the end I had to do some hand stitching on the corners, it's a very primitive finish, but meant I could wash and dry the result. Quilt is dry - looks great - all in one piece I'm happy to have my fifth finish - second that I get to keep in the house finished!  Yahoo!

3-18 Sunday to 3-20 Tuesday: Nothing with fabric (traveling)

3-21 Wednesday: Visited Carolyn the Caribbean Quilter - lovely lady - saw her sewing room and various quilts - but really nothing for me with fabric.

3-22 Thursday: Nothing with fabric (cold back!)

3-23 Friday and 3-24 Saturday: Nothing with fabric  (traveling was supposed to be home on Friday night but plane had to be replaced and AA couldn't get a replacement plane until 15 hours after the original time! Had to sleep on the floor of the Miami airport as there were no hotel rooms available!)

3-25 Sunday: used seam ripper to separate pieces of two blocks that I will use for the Second Liberated Round Robin

3-26 Monday and 3-27 Tuesday: Nothing with fabric (sore throat has returned)



My projects on the 'to do' list for the coming week are:

Figure out how to post several photos - in a slide show. I have photos still to post for my Marston/Moran workshop and now photos for the Eleanor Burns talk too! and then I need to find my notes and add the narrative before I forget everything!

Sew blocks 13, 14 and 15 for FMQAYGQAL and do the quilting on the sandwich I basted last week for Leah Day's Free Motion Quilt A Long and prepare the fabric for Leah's Whole Cloth Project. 

Before the end of the month I hope to sew at least one block for the BlockLotto, and to finish the Match SewCalGal FMQ challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. Having a cold and traveling is not for wimps, nor is sleeping on the airport floor. So hope this next week is much better for you. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm determined to whip this sore throat and feeling so tired.... Must be feeling better as I'm starting to have trouble following my own directions to take it easy.... Even cleaning the house is sounding like fun! : )

      Delete
  2. good for you for getting as much done as you did but you do sound as if you need to rest a bit~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless it looks like you had a great week on the sewing front. Catch you next week and put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!