Saturday, March 12, 2016

Green Field Trip

This month for the Stash Bee we are asked to make a very nice looking block.  For once I won't have to buy any fabric, but I did feel that I needed to verify the color so went to a fabric store to check out Kelly Green...  It's not as bright as I thought it would be.

Kelly Green

The one pulled out is Kelly green.  Here it is next to darker greens.
The one pulled out is Kelly green.  Here it is next to lighter greens.



Not to think there are not more greens, there are tons of them.  I could use mint greens too, but I had more of the Kelly in my stash so that is what I'm going to go with for the block.


==================

I took a photo of the Kona Color Card that has the samples of each fabric:








==================

I'm needing to concentrate on bookkeeping right now, so only hope I am able to get the block together for the Stash Bee while it's still March.  I had put samples of my fabric from home in my pocket book, and did compare things, but I didn't feel right about taking photos of those comparisons.  I wish I had, but I didn't.  Oh well.

I enjoy seeing the summary of the year that I prepare for the taxes.  I usually can remember the lunches I had with friends or events I attended.  And what items I bought at the store.  It takes me longer to get things together for the bookkeeping as I also take time to write or call people to check in with them and see how they are doing!

Anyway, I met my son for our Wednesday lunch at a different location and it was so near the fabric store that I decided to take the time for the green field trip even though I don't feel I can sew until I have all the paperwork in order for the taxes!

: )


Update March 17:  Went back to the fabric store following week (yesterday) after lunch with son.  This time I did take photos of some of my fabric on top of the Kelly green.  I'm making the block with the lower two darker fabrics and the fabric I got at the sale last weekend.  Almost done - just have to sew the pieces together.

Here are some of my greens on top of the Kelly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!