Here is the block I made for Laura, the January queen bee for Hive 8!
The directions were really clear and result in a 14 inch block.
I had lots of teal and neutrals and sent her a photo so she could pre-approve the fabric.
She reminded me of the trick to change the photo to black and white. There was one fabric that was way too dark that I had in the neutrals, so it was out of the running for her block.
I found out she usually does not pre-wash her fabric so that made the decision on which ones to use easier and the block went together easily!
I'm having fun thinking about what block I will be asking the others to make for me in July.
I had wanted to make two blocks for her, but instead will send along some fabric that she may decide to include in this project or another.
I decided to make a block for myself each month too. I'm going to use polka dot materials and the neutrals as the background. Hopefully it come together in a nice finish at the end of the year. I sewed the little HST triangles for myself too. They may come in handy!
|14 inch block|