Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Round up Week 25: Half-way to 1,000 Mile Goal and an Online Irish Wedding

No sewing this week - the online hand applique class was demo on "Wool appliqué with embroidery".  One of the projects was making Mackintosh Roses with Wool Felt.  First she showed how to draw a rose, then how to get the design on the felt.  The lesson went quickly but included new to me embroidery stitches.

Found a YouTube with directions for Drawing a 'Mackintosh' Rose: https://youtu.be/4P2Nx85POfs

The second project was making a wool heart and sewing it on a shirt sleeve.


Very nice looking, but I still don't understand how the stitching would not make holes in the stretchy t-shirt she was proposing we sew the design on....  she showed other designs too.

So the that class is over.  I will join the four heart blocks I made perhaps and make a little something for Buffy, or maybe not.

The sewing machine repair man is on holiday until early/middle July so I can't sew on a machine until then.

-----------
I have been a bit inspired by Darlene https://darlenemichaud.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF6OsS-yoLc9rpDzn4ELjjg clearning out her house as it is going on the market soon.  She has a lot of stuff - I have mainly paper and books to go thru.  Or at least that is what it seems like to me now.
 
I have bags and bags (8 right now) of paper ready to put into recycling.  Three bags of trash. and perhaps another bag worth of stuff to shred.  For a brief moment I had an empty table top, but now I have moved more paper there to go thru.  This week I want to go thru all the newer papers.  Then I will continue writing notes in the blog so I remember things and I will decide what to work on next. And then finally finish the tax stuff. Or maybe will work on taxes then record memories.  I can only work on this a few hours a day, then I have to do something else...

I told my personal trainer I needed to take time off to work on things.  Last Friday she wrote that she wanted to chat, but she was going to visit family over the weekend.  I missed her call this morning, but did connect finally.  She said she couldn't save my time slots for that long, so I said to go ahead and fill the spots and I would contact her when I was ready to exercise on a schedule again.  I told her I understand it might take a while then to fit me back in.  I had sort of planned on starting again September first, but sounds like that might not happen then.  I enjoy the exercise - but really, really, really think now is the time for me to go thru things and get rid of things.  So this is the right decision for me right now.

I have a few exercise ideas to do on my own so may start that the middle of July, just to keep a little in shape.

I have crossed the 500 mile mark for my 1,000 miles in 2021 goal!

My idea of getting Home Chef meals from Ralph's may not work out as it seems they are not rotating the meals very often.  : (  But it has been easy to have them put the groceries I pre-order in the truck of the car so that is good. 

We got up early, early to see our cousin's child's wedding in Ireland.  Very nice wedding.  Most beautiful bride and Mother, Grandmother and Aunts of the Bride!


We didn't get standing photos of the groom nor the father or mother of the bride...  Will ask them to send some...



Aunt, Mother, Bride, Grandmother, Aunt

Aren't their facinator's wonderful and fun!

From Wikipedia: A fascinator is a formal headpiece, a style of millinery. Since the 1990s the term has referred to a type of formal headwear worn as an alternative to the hat; it is usually a large decorative design attached to a band or clip.

There was social distancing in the church, and many had masks on too.  



The ceremony itself was different than here.  There was no giving away of the daughter.  The priest instead asked the two if they were legally available for marriage - or something like that.  They exchanged rings, but then there was a piece of silver or gold that went from the groom to the bride and back again.  And at the end they pulled out a table and signed the license in front of everyone.  I'm sure there were other differences but that is what I remember.

We were invited to the original wedding to be held last year.  This year they had to keep it smaller so we watched in our pajamas!  (5 am our time).

I hope they will be very happy!

Later that day we drove to Ramona for Ham Radio Field Day and to go to lunch in a restaurant!  We are really starting to go out into the world again.

Hopefully will be in Ireland and other places soon...




2 comments:

  1. I love Rennie Mackintosh designs - so elegant and simple! Those roses look lovely. I might try doing something crafty with the design - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be nice to see if you do! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!