Thursday, June 24, 2021

Memories: Girl Scout Cooking Badge

 Do you remember what you made for your Girl Scout Cooking badge?


I don't remember the entire meal, but do know I made hamburgers, and a mocha frosted cake.


My folks left the house so I would have to do it all by myself...


I thought I had everything in order.  But then reading the recipe calling for 2 tablespoons of coffee I was confused.  

I didn't think very much flavor would come from coffee that one would drink.  It was an old cookbook so I didn't think it was referring to instant coffee.  So I put in 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds.

It was very crunchy.


I remember we all laughed while eating my gourmet meal...


and my mom signed the paper so I got the badge.


Earlier in my clearning out I came across my Girl Scout badge notebook, but I didn't think to save the recipes or notes on this badge.


Only in my memories now.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds delsh!! I'm not sure I got many badges in Guides: I don't think I was very good....I do remember we were supposed to have "useful" things in our pockets, such as a pencil and paper - and a piece of string! I could never find a piece of string in the house, so I'd take some wool, and be told off by the Chief Guide....But my reasoning was that string can't be that useful if my parents didn't have any in the first place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good reasoning for the wool instead of string!

      I enjoyed girl scouts for a short while - but only stayed in to be a Junior as I liked the uniforms. I'm afraid I quit the group though very shortly after getting the uniform (and I didn't tell my parents for a week or two! I can't remember what I did instead with that time...)

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!