Sunday, October 11, 2020

Autumn Jubilee Cookish

So Carole has posted another blog post - this time it includes a recipe from a book she is having a drawing for - Milk Street.  Sounds like a nice cook book to refer to, to learn how to gain confidence with cooking.

https://frommycarolinahome.com/2020/10/11/autumn-jubilee-cookish/ 

I just finished a week of Asian inspired dinners so will save this to try another time.  Perhaps I haven't mentioned here that I'm working on planning at least a few dishes ahead.  And thinking I will try different countries for inspiration.  I'm recording our meals on my other blog - there is a link at the top of the screens of this blog.  I'm doing pretty well at just having meals ready for my husband and son, now it's time to get more interesting and to try newer things.

So today the fabric for my two baby gifts are all washed and dry so I will be able to start making the circular day quilts, the towels with the little triangular hoods and washcloths. I got each of the mother's special fabric for the top of the day quilt (need 1.25 yards to make it all with one fabric).  Will have to edge one of the pieces as I only got 1 yard of it, but it will still be nice.  But I think I will be starting by cutting and connecting the bias strips that will be needed for the binding.

***** I'd like anyone reading this blog post, to please share the URL of a recipe they have recently made in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks good - I will try it sometime. If you want to try some new recipes, you could look at my now defunct other blog (http://fatdormouse.blogspot.com/search/label/food) where I used to list my menus, and other food related stuff. At the moment, I'm not keeping up with one blog, never mind two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's difficult to keep up with everything. In theory we have more time to do what we want, but then other things take over. I have been to your sites before - will click to try more food ideas for sure. Thanks!

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!