Monday, February 22, 2021

Weekly Round Up 7: A Little Sewing and then other stuff

 Sewing:

I cut more blue squares for the 3-D Bow Tie Quilt and I partially cut out pieces needed for a test Christmas Swap Block.  That's it.

I was late, but I did attend the first of six free presentation by Diane Harris - Stash Bandit on:

Scrap Quilt Secrets: Fabric Savvy


The workshop is very nice so far.  You are all invited to sign up and attend.  Here is the link:  Http://tinyurl.com/eventbritedianeharris  This first one was around 30-40 minutes I think.  I thought I was just a little late - but perhaps I had the incorrect time in my calendar.

She is also giving a binding class online - it is $40.
Binding is one of the things I really need to master - so I think I will attend one of these sessions.

Carolyn from My Carolina Home had a quick baby quilt to make.

She took fabrics and cut 3.5 inch strips out of them (alternating the colors - she cut 8 strips).  Sewed them together and made a tube.  Cut 12 - 3.5 inch strips and picked out the seam at different fabrics and then sewed to make a little quilt that was 24 x 36 inches.  It was Bonnie's Hunter round the world method I think.  She added borders so it probably ended up being closer to 30 x 42.  She used three fabric.  One was a solid pink the other two had white and pink.  Very sweet looking quilt.  Click on the link above to see!



Other Non-Sewing things:

My left eye was bothering me over last weekend until Tuesday. I did walk with P on Monday, but cancelled my exercise as I just was not feeling well. I called my eye doctor and left a message. When they called back the eye was better - I continued putting warm compress on and Refresh eye drops a few times a day though for a few days.

Cooking
Milkstreet Class - Turkish Red Lentil Soup with Aleppo Pepper Oil - very nicely done. I had the ingredients so I cooked along, and that makes it very nice. I decided to go ahead and pay for a year's subscription and will try to make at least one new dish a week with them!  Next week: Shrimp!

I made an apple pie using the date filled cookie crust recipe - Next time will only add the apples.  I will strain out the liquid as it made the crust a little soggy.  Still delicious and so easy to make!

Cleaning
I finally went thru everything in the bathroom and put things aside to toss - or maybe will post on freecycle. Not sure.

Paperwork
I did the minimum of this possible. Need to ramp this up so the taxes can be passed off to the bookkeeper to finish and submit!

Chatted with P, Ellie, LM Kathleen, and BV. Maybe a text with Pam.

Can not believe how quickly this week went.  Not a lot to show for it.  
Carolyn from My Carolina Home has a different definition of what a week with not a lot of show for it ends up being....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!