Sunday, February 14, 2021

Weekly Round Up 6: A Little Sewing and then other stuff

 Sewing:

I sewed a few more 3-d bow tie blocks and squared them up.  I cut some blue blocks to put between the pieced blocks.



The blue fabric has a design so since I will have set in triangles, I will vary the orientation of the fabric rather than keeping the center blocks so they are oriented in the same direction.

I am thinking of adding an additional blue block at the ends of all the rows then adding a zig zag of yellow before ending with the blue set in triangles. Then the quilt will be wide enough to wrap around the person using it. Actually since my DH noticed the quilt on the design wall and said it was nice looking, I am now planning on giving it to him.


I'm not exactly sure how the corners will end up, But decided the yellow zig zag after blue solid squares (right side of diagram) would be better than having the blue zig sag (left side of diagram).

Glad the zoom quilting class is Thursday - sure would be nice if I had the top together and could start the hand quilting then.  The teacher uses a frame to hold the quilt on her lap while she sews.  I'll have to get one....

My Once a Month Saturday group leader sent out an email lamenting how she didn't think she'd be allowed to have us meet this month - but maybe next month.  She asked us to write to let her know if we thought we'd be coming in March.  I wrote I wouldn't feel comfortable so soon.  She wrote back that she understood but then asked how I was doing on the swap blocks.  I just said making Slow Progress.  So I guess I need to really get started making those blocks now!  : )  I need to get a new 1/4 inch presser foot since my sewing is so off in the 3-d bow tie blocks.  For the swap I know I have to be exact....

------------

So the non-sewing stuff.

I mostly went thru things in the bathroom so that has empty counters and some space underneath too.

M W F walked and chatted with P in the am, and did zoom exercise.

Did the expressive writing group - but I am really not very expressive.  In fourth grade compared to the others.  They come up with beautiful responses to the prompts.  Not sure if I will continue with it.

Didn't do any cooking classes - but did prepare some nice meals.

This soup was really well received:
http://dodgeeats.blogspot.com/2021/02/white-bean-chili-with-roasted-corn-and.html

This adapted from cookie recipe pie was raved about:  
http://dodgeeats.blogspot.com/2021/02/date-filled-tea-cookies-injis-kitchen.html

I put the Costco salmon in a pasta with alfredo sauce that B & A liked too.

On Thursday my eye started feeling odd.  Friday I called the doctor but was too late so will try again tomorrow.  Hopefully she will be open and not closed for President's Day - even better that I wake with a regular eye! Have been putting warm compresses on it.

Our little Buffy has been feeling so much better!  It's wonderful to see her 'hunt' carrots and go up and down the steps we made her.


Even made her a few carrot/treat towels.  She has gone out in the middle of night and entertained herself with pawing the knot open and making the towel flat while she finds and eats the things we put inside for her.  I made a video but it's not the correct file format for blogger.

This afternoon (Sunday) I was up in the bedroom with a compress on my eye, and she actually came upstairs to see me!  She hasn't been up very many times that I am aware since her eye really got bad in December.  I don't even have her water bowl in the room any more, and I took away the steps to the bed as I didn't want her to step off and fall down now that she really can't see well.

Anyway, it was a good week.  Not as busy as the week before.  I'm pretty sure I paid all the bills, and I tried to change passwords for most of my accounts too.  Seemed like a good thing to do for some reason.  Takes a long time to do that!

We have the ingredients ready to make a Valentine's coconut poke cake, but didn't make yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!