Friday, June 1, 2018

Expenses: Basting Spray

I went to pick up a prescription for our little dog today, and JoAnn's was a few doors down from the vet's.  I had received an email about two 50% off coupons, so thought it would be a good time to get some basting spray.  They had three different kinds of the basting spray.  So I got two of the types I had used before and the only one they had of the other kind.
Expenses: $48.43

I remember seeing a recipe online for making basting spray.  I think I will search for that and experiment.  This spray stuff is a tad expensive, but what really bothers me are the aerosol cans.

=====

I also decided on another design to add to my Picasso Tic Tac Toe quilt.  I extended the crosses so they are in the border section.  I was hoping JoAnn's would have some thicker thread, but I didn't see any.  So will wait to add outlining to all the pieces when I get that.  I'm going to go ahead and start the quilting someday.


I've been gathering all our financial files into one place so it will be easier to scan and shred the papers.  It will be my interpretation of The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying Up Book by Marie Kondo.  I read her second book a few years ago, this is the first book.  She says to gather all the items in one category in one place and to go thru each one to design what to do with it.  She says to start with clothes, so I did that after reading the first book.  My closet is still in good shape.  These papers are for the most part going to be scanned, so the organizing will be done by the name of the file.  And once I'm done then I will have empty boxes!

2 comments:

  1. When I worked at the bank, I got in the habit of saving absolutely everything. You never know if you will need it for reference. At my current company, we never save anything physical. They close the office every year, and pretty much every single piece of paper has to be shredded. It takes a lot to adjust to the change, but I am trying to apply that concept to my home too. Why do I need the gas bill from last year? I don't. Even credit card and bank account statements now get shredded. It is making a big difference in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear your thoughts on how these different spray basting formulas compare to each other. And whether the home made one works!
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!