Thursday, May 13, 2021

Round Up Week 17: Went by Quickly

I wrote my name on all the blocks - will drive them by next weekend.  Found out there is one other person who did not turn her blocks in last month.  These blocks are really lovely and now that I have figured out how to make them, think I will make another quilt with this pattern this year!




In the non-sewing department, I decided to cut back on my exercise sessions until I really get all the boxes gone thru and sorted.  So maybe all summer will just meet for one weekly online session. My trainer/coach said she had other jobs she could do and she would save my time spots for me.  I will continue with the morning walks as Buffy will need a walk and meds anyway so I will be up then for her.

The week just went by though very quickly.  Amazingly quick.

Sunday was Mother's Day and I was treated to a grand meal and special time with family.  Felt really nice that my son had planned such a nice day.




The group wedding gift saga continues.  Some decided everyone should contribute the same amount - regardless of job status, life status, etc. and/or they wanted the amounts noted of each contribution somehow.  So those people have peeled off from the group gift and are I believe sending things or more likely money independently.  My family is still going with the group idea and just with those contributions the gift will be over the original anticipated amount.  We decided since it was a wedding and for a new house that more funds would be reasonable to send.  There is a fee for sending money and having converted to Euros - better to get it in one transaction so more goes to the young couple.  I told the cousin who was looking to sending the funds that we only needed to know if we should send in more, he said we already were putting more in the pot than they were - so all okay with me.  I think it's great to be part of a group gift - and since the wedding is in another country it's better to send cash instead of mailing an item, although that would be nice too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!