Monday, April 26, 2021

Round Up 15: More progress on pineapple blocks

Writing this on Monday - last week seems a year ago.

Sewing - I've made more progress on the pineapples for the block swap - but not done with them all yet.  For the last block I tried a different way to make the center and I like it alot better.  Instead surrounding the center block with strips and then trying to figure the stitching lines for the next addition, I cut two squares slightly larger than the center square, and cut them in half from point to point - then I pressed in so I could see the center of the triangle and the center of the square - then placed them on top of each other and sewed.  I trimmed the first two sewn down before putting the last two down.  It was they very easy to sew and trim and mark the next sewing line.

For the class I made some half log cabins - and for this week I'm supposed to have the top done.  I doubt that will happen though as I'm still working on the pineapples.

I haven't started on my new Lone Robin.  Want to do that.  So far clues have been points, strips, and curves!

--------

Not sewing stuff

I made a good chicken pot pie, curried chick pea dish and bought prepared food from Costco.

Very tired - so busy too - but have not finished the bookkeeping for the taxes yet so still have that hanging over me.

Am listening to the Elm Street quilters series.  Now on the Union Quilt - she mentions how the ladies had to do lists.  Could that really be?  Hard to imagine people making lists back then.  I need to check with cousins to see what regiment his relative was in the civil war.

I've made my way thru Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and no Enterprise.  I thought I had seen most of these before, but watching in order I understand things more - and enjoy them more too.

Exercised three times, walked and chatted three times - rest of the time was sewing or thinking about sewing and cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!