I have trouble with all hand stitching. So again I had to adapt the design and methods for the blocks.
I did make freezer paper templates for the design, but I put the pieces together and sewed them. I decided to keep going and to sew the background pieces on too. I was at a quilt away from home sewing event when I did this and I realized I didn't have the fabric I thought I had stacked to bring, so it came out a little differently than I had envisioned. But I'm pleased with the effect. (Originally I was going to put additional points on some of the pieces so it looked more like a star, but now it looks like a planet or maybe a meteor like we saw last weekend while in Colorado. Cool!)
I could have been more deliberate with the way the seams went, it could have added additional detail in the final block.
To see what the others have completed click here: