Sunday, August 19, 2018

Starry Bright Sky QAL: English Paper Piecing Pattern 8a



Link to see how others interpreted this block:
http://alidatweloqdesigns.blogspot.com/2018/08/starry-bright-sky-qal-linky-month-8.html

In my quest to avoid hand stitching I found a site where I learned how to make an eight pointed star:

(I realized after looking closer that y-seams might be involved, so I jumped on the method taught at this site)

So here is my block!
Front 
Back
I found a nice tutorial for marking the pieces that I may use another time (it's a variation of what I did two years ago when I did the hexagons for Alida's challenge.)

I need to get more comfortable with hand stitching, but pleased that I figured out a way to complete the blocks!




1 comment:

  1. Fun way of changing up the pattern! Hand stitching is great in the summer when I don't want to get out my sewing machine or when I want to keep up my crafting while spending time with family ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!