Monday, August 29, 2011

FMQ - Stomach Lining

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2009/11/day-88-stomach-lining.html

Before:
Watched the video and saw that she did not change the orientation of the fabric while she sewed this center out design.  It's been a while since I did FMQ - we'll see how many needles I break while doing my block!
12:08 AM

After:
The design sewing went a lot better than I thought it would.  I broke the thread one time - but did not break a needle!  Hurray!  Turns out I didn't have the start in the center of the block so I sort of did u-turns to fill in the space.  I don't think it looks like a stomach lining, it doesn't look like Leah's model.  But it is a pretty nice design.  This is my first center out design to FMQ.  12:35 AM


I have now finished another section of the Wonky Shoo Fly Quilt.