Monday, February 21, 2011

Smaller Projects to Finish

I'm doing a good job of keeping up with my sewing projects (not doing bookkeeping or cleaning or exercise though)....

I'm doing:
  • Monthly BlockLotto Blocks - up to 9 of these each month
  • Weekly Friday's Block Lotto - one a week (odd weeks they are Hetty's selection for traditional blocks, even weeks I'm getting to pick patterns.  So far animals are the theme - this week we did a paper pieced block but so far no one else has jumped on board to post a finished block.)
  • On-going basting section and quilting each block sampler style - my bed sized Wonky Sho Fly
  • Charity blocks/quilts - aiming to do something each quarter
But even though this is a lot for me to be doing, I do not have any finished projects here in the house.

So I'm thinking I need to find some little quilting projects to do that can be used here.
  • Potholders - I would also be practicing putting on binding.
  • Apron
  • Table runners - would be very pretty to have - especially if they would protect the table from hot serving plates!
  • Bed runner - would be a quicker way to get something quilted in the bedroom!
  • Pillows - we don't have any for the sofa now...
  • Lap Quilts - it's been cold would have been nice to have a few to pull out.

I also have a short list of gifts I would like to make - I'm thinking they will need to be from the little quilting list of projects!