Friday, February 4, 2011

Quilting Friday: WSF Sampler

WSF = Wonky Shoo Fly  (in this case the BlockLotto blocks I won last year!)

I went to the 9 am - 3 pm quilting class offered thru San Diego Adult Education.  This time prepared with my sewing machine and what was needed to continue on my quilt as you go wonky shoo fly quilt.  I already had 16 squares sewn together so I just had to bast them and then I used a walking foot to go around each block and to define the shoo fly designs.  Had to wait in line to get to the basting table - next week I will be prepared though to do some FMQ in the blocks if I have to wait for the table again!  Feels great to be back to that project!

The demo today was making a pillow cover - but I didn't hear that she was doing the demo as I was in the hallway...  The other ladies said they liked it as they could easily replace the covers and change up the look in their rooms,