Saturday, July 30, 2011

WSF - FMQ Sampler - Dresden Daisies (Beg)

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-66-dresden-daisies.html

Dresden Daisies - front
Before:

The video is pretty clear, although I can't really tell how big she is making each of the flowers....  I will look at it again before I sew it!

After:

The fabric sort of told me how big to make the flowers - I'd estimate they range between 1 1/4 inch and 3/4 of an inch.  I staggered them so they are not lined up and I have longer joining pieces (so more lines showing than Leah did.... but it's what the fabric was telling me to do...!)

I broke the thread two or three times so that slowed things down.  This was sort of an intensive pattern to sew - but in the end I had pretty good control of the machine and the block looks great.

Dresden Daisies - back
The needle is in place for the next block so I will add photos once I am at a good place to take photo...