Sunday, October 13, 2019

Long Weekend: Not Quilting: Dana Point Weekend

So, my husband and I took a few days and drove up the coast to Dana Point for a little holiday.  I thought when we married that we'd be doing this on a regular basis, but that hasn't been the case.  Oh well.  We started by dropping some things off to Goodwill.

A little cat my mom used to have on a shelf.
Cake decorating books from a friend in Australia, a basket it the shape of the state my son's ex-wife was from, assorted blankets I tied with my mom.


Am empty case for dinosaurs.
I hope they can distribute party paper goods.


My mom's jacket.  Destroyed by moths.
I like the way it is designed.  Should have had my husband take a photo actually showing how nice it looks....

After emptying the trunk, we drove up Pacific State Highway.  It's a pretty road, has the Pacific Ocean on the left and houses or businesses on the right.

We stopped in one of my favorite cities, Encinitas for lunch and had a visit to their beautiful library.



I didn't take photos of the library, but it's the best.  They have a place to buy coffee (as a fundraiser), and you can settle into chairs to look at books and the ocean!

 Brave New Quilts was organized sort of by different design principles of different artists.

Quilt with Tula and Angela, had a nice combination of color theory, piecing, and fun free motion quilting.


I've heard of Christina Cameli, but this was the first book I'd seen by her.  There were lots of ideas for different designs, but for a beginner like me, there was not enough step-by-step instruction to actually do the designs than she has in the book.

Once we got to Dana Point we stayed at the Best Western.  Walked for dinner to a BBQ place, read, next day walked to the harbor, had seafood dinner, we left after breakfast the next day.  Drove up to Irvine to go to another bookstore, then back down to San Clementine for a super used book store. Then home.

The only picture I seem to have taken is the design on the duvet at the hotel...

Oh we went to lunch in Irvine, this was outside the restroom. It was huge, so I only took the corner.

and this is the book my husband checked out of the Encinitas Library!  He is teaching a class on Educational Games...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!