Thursday, October 21, 2010

Expenses

I went to JoAnn's today after the Technology Conference meeting.  I had intended on getting the stuff needed to make potholders. But they were so crowded; the helpers really couldn't do more than point in the direction of where something was.  I couldn't figure out if it was what I supposed to get.... so didn't get anything as I didn't want to stand in that long line.

So instead I got:
  • a 3.5 square ruler  7.49-3.75
  • 2 for price of 1 queen cotton batting 24.99
  • 6 fat quarters (4 shades of purple for the November Block Lotto), 1 WOW (also for the November Block Lotto and I could use for October too), and 1 yellow (just because it was pretty). 6.00
total 34.67 + tax = 38.05
    I only got to use my coupon for the ruler as the other things were on sale.  There were lots of people there as it was 50% off.  I was going to get some Kona cotton - but I already have so much that it didn't seem like a good idea.  But mainly, I just wasn't in the mood to stand in line.

    They did have a copy of Liberated Quilting II.  I was able to sit down and look thru the pages.  Some of the quilts were in the first book.  Right now I'm thinking it's okay to not get this book - and I can check out the first book from the library so I'm sort of set there.