Friday, January 1, 2010

BlockLotto for 2010

I am actually writing this after the fact - I can't remember what I was searching for when I found the BlockLotto...

But I am so glad that I found it! Sophie has been organizing this for several years - this year it happens she is having all the blocks to be designed in liberated quilting style - just up my alley. Of course I can't remember when I heard about this too - but I feel a real connection to this style.

Each month Sophie designs a block and posts directions. The direction include what colors of fabric, end sizes, and other steps. She includes example blocks too.

As we want we finish blocks and posts pictures on her blog - if they meet the criteria she includes them in the count for the drawing that is held last day of the month. The winner(s) are announced and addresses exchanged so the blocks can be mailed. The blocks will all be different sizes so there is no use really in making an extra one each month - the photos will have to do for remembering what was done.

So I'm signing on - there is no monthly commitment but as she says "if you don't play you can't win!"