Friday, June 3, 2011

Billie Lauder's Ultimate Scrappy 4-Patch Technique

Hold on to your hats!

Sue from CA has shared a new-to-me technique for making 4-patches.  I found a link to a video here:
http://mypassionforquilting.blogspot.com/2011/03/quick-4-patch-video-by-billie-lauder.html
(Look at the side bar of mypassionforquilting.blogspot.com for links to more blogs with free patterns or tutorials.)

Now the question is how to size the pinwheel and the 4-patch so they end up being the same size.

The pinwheels lose 1 inch to seams so seems to me if you started with 6 7/8 fabric and do the 4-patch method described here the blocks would be the same as the pinwheels.

Have to think a bit to do the math so the pinwheels would end up the same as the 4-patches....

1 comment:

  1. Yep, on the comments in the above link you will see mine. I am fabricpixie , in some locations I am quiltpixie.

    warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!