Monday, August 2, 2021

Round Up Week 29 and Week 30: Lauren Classes again

Time is passing very quickly for me.  I realized yesterday that I hadn't updated my exercise, walking or food purchases list since June!  So I did that, and wrote about the nice outing my husband and I had to the Quilt Shop Run during Week 28 just now...

So since then what has happened?

Quilting Related:

I have attended two zoom In the Studio with Lauren workshops.  They were just an island of experiences as the next real session will start in September.

For these sessions we shared anything we had finished from her previous classes, and for the first session she shared a way to do a rail fence quilt.  There was a handout - but the thing was to use scraps from other projects to create the quilt.  Since she used cut offs they were no always even - she straightened up the block rather than the strips so it gives the quilt top a very nice appearance. When she ran out of a fabric she just added another to complete the strip.


I do not have very good photos of these first session as I was meeting Penelope at Costco for our first face to face walk since March 2020, and I was listening as I drove for most of the event.

The second session she shared how to make a pillow out of a t-shirt.  It was interesting to see how she stabilized the shirt and decided how to cut the pillow top. This is her preferred stabilizer.

Lauren has published a book about making t-shirt quilts:
The Extraordinary T-shirt Quilt: A Scrapbook You Can Sleep Under
If I ever make one, I will get her book!

The September sessions will be organized around colors - that will be interesting to see.


My machines are still not repaired so I have no sewing to share.

I wrote political postcards with an online group - my husband joined in as it was about a California issue.  To NOT recall Gov Newsom. It will be a very confusing ballot.  More than 50% have to check to not recall - and if that level is not met then anyone with the highest number of votes will be the new governor.  What an expensive mess.

We had friends from Colorado come back to town so had a real BBQ - it was nice to see friends in person again. 

I am making slow but sure progress on the paperwork.  I got rid of a bunch of empty boxes and not paperwork stuff so the room feels nicer to work in.  

It has been very hot so there are only a few hours to get any real work done.  My DH took things to Goodwill - including the Kleenex and Flushable Wipes we had purchased when this whole shut in started....

Not exciting.  But will be soon I hope!


Calendar with list of week numbers: http://www.whatweekisit.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!