Monday, July 12, 2021

Round Up Week 27: Swirls and Spirals

 Listened to online lecture by EBHQ: Spiral Motifs by Karin Lusnak

Karin is another brilliant quilter with formal art education.  She was first attracted to swirls when doing textile art and has been reinterpreting that, and houses in her work ever since.

Mentioned: Influenced by Book of Symbols by Carl Jung, Took class from Rosalie Dace

Shopped at: New Pieces on Gilman, Solano Bay Quilts in Cerrito (https://www.sfbayquilts.com/ ?), and a shop in Walnut Creek.


























A scrap quilt...





You Hold the Key




A scrap Quilt

She paper pieced the diamonds!


How Karin makes a quilt swirl - it's a variation of a log cabin.


I hope I remember to give making swirls a try!


A very nice presentation, indeed!

Then EBHQ went on to discuss and share other projects and how they are being interpreted by members.  The Lone Robin, Postcard Exchange, Inspired By...  What a great group.  I'm glad to be a member.
------------------
Fabric Shops in San Francisco:

This weekend my DH and I will be driving and staying at hotels for The So Cal Quilt Shop Run!

============
Not quilting.

I went to Costco, Ikea, and Lowe's for a morning of being out of the house. Someday that won't be news!  At least I hope it won't!

It has been very hot, so not making as much progress with the papers and things upstairs as I had hoped, but it is slowly coming along.  I worked several hours going thru the pantry, freezer and frig and got rid of somethings that were too tired or old, and moved some items to the front so hopefully they get used sooner.

I have given myself permission to go thru things at least two times during this season, the first for a quick decision on keep or not.  (Then it's donate, shred or just toss.)  I have already gone thru the bookcase and bathroom three times - but now I really need to get going on the papers and get things together for the taxes.

It occurs to me that I need to organize things as I used to when teaching.  So a substitute could step in and take over!  Oh well...

The State has asked us to cut way back on electricity use between 4pm and 9pm so on Saturday we took Buffy and drove to Kate Sessions Park for a walk.  We all enjoyed it - even though there were many, many people who let their dogs off their leashes.  It's supposed to be:
  • Dogs allowed on leashes only

Little Buffy has been feeling better so there have been longer walks again.  And she is enjoying finding treats in we hide on the boxes, pillows and fabric on the floor.  It's very nice.





Still walking usually in the morning and afternoon.  Next week will start exercising again on my own or following a YouTube Program.





1 comment:

  1. Some of those quilts are awe inspiring! I kind of wish I had a sewing machine, but I think it might end up sitting in the cupboard not being used very much!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!