Friday, December 15, 2017

Busy, busy - and a Quiltscapes pattern winner!

It will take some time to get a little caught up with the blog, I have been doing so many things.  Some quilt related - some not.  But I've decided to get back into posting so I can look back and remember how I'm spending my days...!

Last week though I discovered the Virtual Cookie Swap blog hop and spent so much time looking at all the recipes and the quilts on the blogs.  So much fun.  Many of the sites had giveaways too so that was even more motivating to read and dream...

I received an email:

So much fun! I just sent her the list of the three patterns that I selected... I picked one that had different sizes figured out, one that was a full bed quilt size (suggested fabric - denim!) and one that results in a quilt that can be scanned.  I know I will learn from reading the patterns, and even more when I start cutting and sewing!

Deonn shared her recipe for Christmas Spritz cookies - somewhere I have one of those presses and will make them.  http://www.quiltscapesqs.com/2017/12/virtual-cookie-exchange.html She notes though that if I can't find the press to still make the recipe:  either roll out and use cookie cutter or roll in balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass then bake and enjoy!  Sounds delicious.  I remember making these with my mom and the Brownie troop in our kitchen. 

Cookies:

I already made 3/4 ingredient cookies from the cookie swap - these were delicious!
From: http://selinaquilts.blogspot.com/2017/12/virtual-cookie-exchange-2018.html She has a link to all the blogs in the blog hop in her post.


I signed up to be part of the heart blog hop: 

If you'd like to join in, just send Carol an email with your first name, email, blog name and blog URL. Here is a link with her information and more inspiration:


4 comments:

  1. COngrats on the win! and Yay for more blogging! I love being able to look back and see what projects I was working on... altho! Sometimes I realize.. I'm not such a good finisher - ha ha ha!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeepers, Alycia, you finish more things than I start! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your win! I'll have to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! Your new finishes are fantastic!

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!