I went back and added a wavy line of quilting so the light green inner square had stitching on both sides.
And I added the outer borders to the piece! This makes it so it's the correct size for Quilts for Kids.
I just placed the border, and stitched it down. If you remember I was having a ballooning effect so the borders were removed, so when I replaced the borders I did not go by the edge of the quilt, but rather went where the border strip went when it was placed, this meant that I lost a little of the quilt, but not much. And now the quilt is flat!
I added a line of stitching so on the back it looks like there is a square in the corners of the piece.
|As soon as I put the piece on the table to bury the threads, my friend jumped on the quilt to keep me company. |
(She is getting almost too comfortable in the sewing room!)
|I added a line of stitching just in the batting and backing so there is a corner square. Here you see one corner undone.|
|I added the stitching so it did not show on the front. I think the corner on the back will disguise that the extra lines of thread were added when the final border was added. Will make it more symmetrical.|
|Here is the front. The extra stitching doesn't show.|
Now the piece is ready for the binding.
I named this post Part 2, but there have been many starts with this project. I'm glad to be closer to finishing it up!