This year was extremely easy as we made it a potluck!
DH and I made a turkey breast, gravy, cranberry sauce and salad. We had cut up vegetables, dip, cheese, crackers and DH made stuffed baked mushrooms and wine ready when folks arrived.
I made cranberry sauce with some spiced rum, vanilla, and pumpkin spice, and the salad had cucumbers, tomatoes (on the side), dried apricots, nuts, avocado.
- Beautiful and tasty roasted fall squash: butternut, acorn, and purple yams were cut so they were all about 1 inch square then roasted with some kale.
- Delicious Danish unpealed fingerling potatoes cooked with butter, and sugar. Here is a possible recipe to follow: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/caramelized-potatoes-237664
- Added 12-18-16: Here is the actual recipe:
At the Friendsgiving, I promised June the recipe for the glazed potatoes. So here it is:
- Rustic Olive Bread served with both oil and vinegar and butter.
- Fabulous Cheese Cake with a graham butter crust
- Special homemade sake - (made with potatoes and yeast if I understood)
We invited our son and DIL but they couldn't make it, and also some other students from DH's classes. Bet you can tell who came from Denmark! Such a pretty blouse.
I didn't keep track of the time of things, but it was a great evening.