Sunday, September 4, 2016

San Diego Quilt Show

Spent a lovely day at the San Diego Quilt Show.  We were there for more than five hours, and had to rush at the end to see everything!  I went with my non-quilting, walking friend (the same one who went to the Museum of Art Quilt and Color Exhibit).

It was really interesting to attend with someone who did not really know how quilts were made!

This show is run by volunteers but is really nicely done.  I saw some people from my various classes, and one lady even stopped to chat a little!  My friend was able to see how a quilt was made as guild ladies who were making charity quilts stopped to show how binding was applied, etc.

I'm glad I was able to attend...

The link to my photos is here:
https://goo.gl/photos/QfHVCFgkWrtm7Woc6

Admission was $20 for two people.  My only other expense: I bought 6 fat quarters for $2!




2 comments:

  1. That's a great price for a bundle of fat quarters. I looked at your pictures from the quilt show - looks like there was a good variety of quilts from different skill levels. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by - and for clicking to see the pictures. It was a fun day. Perhaps next summer when I am due to come again to your area there will be a quilt exhibit for us to see together! : ) June

      Delete

Feedback is welcome!