Sewed the blocks, cut them into quarters, then sewed them into rows. The selvedge shows in one of the blocks so I wrote the Quilts for Kids coordinator for direction on what to do (replace with another beige or just let it show). I have the two borders cut out so this this coming Friday I will finish the top. Too bad I don't have the batting and backing but we will be meeting in person again the 2nd Sunday of February so I can pick that up from her then.
Next time I bring home fabric I'm going to ask to bring the left overs so I don't have to think about needing extra fabric!
And next time I make a disappearing nine-patch I'm going to do in a different layout so it looks like the quilt is made up of sashed squares! I didn't have enough fabric to do this this time.
I finally found a photo with the general layout for the kitchen that I have been dreaming about:
This isn't exactly what I want or can have... My window and sink are now wider so I wouldn't have the cabinets on the right of the sink. And I think the door by the frig would have to be moved over so I would have the cabinets and space on each side of the oven.
I like the way the wall behind the sink has tile - then the window starting so that would mean the window would need to be changed.
Need to figure a spot for the microwave - a built in spot. and we put the coffee maker and perhaps the ninja and some seasons the toaster on the counter too. So it's not exactly what I want or can have - but it's so pretty that finally my DH and friend could sort of picture what I was trying to explain so I'm glad to find the photo! (hope I can find the source photo again!)