Sunday, January 19, 2014

01172014: Friday Green and Corner Bakery

Yesterday was a good example of a way to spend a day.  Today was too.

I woke and straightened up a bit, then went to La Jolla for my second-ever bone density evaluation and then a mammogram.  I'm just getting started in the Scripps system so it's all new.  I have to add contacting the previous doctors to my list of things to do, so they can send my records to the new doctor.  I haven't committed in my mind yet to the new doctor but she will need to make decisions I guess.  That would be the reason to stay with the doctor my mom has been going to...  I wonder if I can get her and dad's records someone put in my chart too? They always ask about their health history and my knowledge is pretty weak.

It was nice to be in Torrey Pines area again.  I have good memories of going to the healthy heart program - too bad at the end things did not end so I stopped driving up there.  They were very 'their program' centered, but should have including information and help to help folks replicate in their own neighborhoods, but I was entitled to continue to attend other classes for a long time after that as I didn't go to two of the classes while I was enrolled. Oh well.  I'm not sure if I would return to that place for classes or not.  Was hoping really to do the same kind of thing while in Cambridge but wasn't able to fit that in, there wasn't enough time to commit to anything.

Someone was substituting for the regular bone evaluator so they didn't take me in until 25 minutes after my appointment was supposed to have started.  The lady was nice though as as the machine was working she had things to share. I didn't know there had been new studies and things they could do to stop bone loss. So it's good to get back into the system again.

The mammogram center was nicer than the previous two I'd been too. No room to get changed in and wait for technician - I was brought to the exam room, she left, I changed and staying in the same room the exam was done.  Neither office gave me any results though - previously I received results so that was a little off putting - but I was told I could fill out forms to get results myself.  I will do that at the new doctor's office though once I have all the lab results in, etc.

I then went to the cafeteria at the hospital as I remembered it as being very nice.  And it still is.  They had a wonderful DIY salad bar.  I got some lettuce, beans chicken salad and a large ice tea - all for $4.60!  Great deal and very nice to eat and look out over the golf course.

After I left I went on Carmel Mountain Road to Black Mountain Road and the shopping center by He's - I had about an hour before I supposed to meet her so I went to grocery store and walked around.  It is huge - but the selection isn't as impressive as other places in the end.  Better than sitting down for an hour though.

At He's we made a salad together and ate - it was nice.  Then her other friend came by and the anti-Obama and pro-Republican talk started.  She blamed Obama that her company years ago started cutting back on the health insurance offerings and that she had to switch from UCSD to Sharp.  Her friend hates intuit, Scripps, and George Cloney.  I mostly kept my mouth shut.  I have so few friends that seems that's a better choice to do.  But I need to say something to see if she will stop jammering on about politics so much.  All this party line stuff - wrong...

We went to the base to see Saving Mr Banks - I didn't like it, He did but we didn't chat that much about the movie.  The two of them were going to go to Restaurant Week so I listened then chat about that got my cranberries that I had left in her house and left for home.

Flylady - I didn't declutter today but did other things.

Beginner BabySteps: Day 17

Morning Routine

  • Make your bed
  • Get up and get dressed to lace-up shoes; fixing your hair and face
  • Look at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Read your FlyLady emails
  • Recognize the negative voices and change them. Remember, you are FLYing now!
  • Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes
  • Five-minute Room Rescue (pick any room in the house). Set your timer and go!
  • Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

Before-Bed Routine

  • Keep your sink shining
  • Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
  • Put out your Hot Spot. It will make you happy in the morning!
Today, think about what time you are going to bed each night. Set a specific bed time and stick to it. You need your rest. Put this on your Before-Bed Routine.

(I've started a new WORD file with a page for January 2014 tasks, so I think instead of putting here I will put those things there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!