Tuesday, January 14, 2014

01142014 Tuesday Cutting Fabric Finally

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Photo here


Today I finally got the cutting set up and I cut the background fabric for the Building Blocks quilt.  I made a few error in my cutting so stopped to figure things out.  I was listening to TV as I cut, and sat down with the computer to make a spreadsheet to see how to cut the remaining fabric that I had.  In doing that it seemed like we would need more fabric that on the list by L.  I sent her an email but she wrote back that she couldn't understand why I would make such a chart, and that she checked her figures and the amount people were supposed to by was over by about a 1/4 yard and how people on the facebook were posting they were able to do the houses with the left overs from the other cuts.  So I guess I'm wrong - but since we were supposed to cut strips for the houses that seems like they are short on fabric.  I'm still thinking about what fabric to use for the featured fabric, connectors and binding.  I will put what ever is on the front on the back of that particular block so that is settled.  I can't find my thread, nor some of the blocks I worked on for KH and the Friday Block party animal and traditional blocks.  But I did remember the different greys already have a project to be used in so not using for Building Blocks.  I know I will learn alot with this project, but don't think the quilt will be particularly pretty so I don't really want to use my solid fabrics for the featured fabric.  So I've been putting put different fabrics to see how I think they will look.

I cleaned the kitchen and paid the bills.  Tomorrow I will need to go back to org stuff so that is off my plate. Interesting movies while cutting or planning: Transamerica, Time to Kill  are ones I remember the name of.

  1. Daily Photo - nope
  2. Daily Food -granola/yogurt, English Muffin, frozen burrito, lean cuisine pizza (ugh), quesadilla and salsa, birthday cake.
  3. Exercise -nope
  4. Sewing: Building Blocks,  RSC14 (Jan Blue) - nope
  5. Flylady: Beginning Baby Steps - Day 1: Clean Your Sink - Day 2: Lace Up Shoes - Day 3: Start exploring The FlyLady website. Be sure to read the Launch Pad section. This is where you will find the Daily Flight Plan Read flylady emails - Day 4: Your next thing is to write these things down on a sticky note and post them on your bathroom mirror and above your kitchen sink. This is the beginning of your Control Journal. The little notes help us to remember the habits we are trying to establish. Day 5: Recognizing the negative voices when you hear them and changing the words to be nice to you. That is what FLYing (Finally Loving Yourself) is all about. - Day 6: Spend 2 minutes working on a hot spot. - Day 7: Pick out clothes for next day - put them out! - Day 8: Today, go find an old three-ring binder and just put some looseleaf paper in it. Then, at the top of one page, write Morning Routine, and on the top of another page, write Before-Bed Routine in pencil. - Day 9: Today we are going to learn how to declutter our homes a few minutes at a time with some fun tools that you might have been wondering about from the reminders you have been reading in our e-mails. Making it fun will get the job done! Read the Decluttering FLYing Lesson!  Today, add a five-minute room rescue to your Morning Routine.  - Day 10: set your timer for 15 minutes and go gather up all the trash you can find to throw away and put it in the garbage can outside. Then set your timer for another 15 minutes and sit down and put your feet up and read a favorite magazine until the timer goes off.  Day 11- add another page to our Control Journals. We are going to call this our “Inspirational Page.” On this page, I want you to spend 15 minutes writing down some of your favorite inspirational phrases. - 12 - Delete Flylady emails, do not keep in your inbox! - Day 13 - find one of our missions and go and do it. They are fast and easy! This is going to introduce you to how we break our home into zones so that we never have to spring clean again. You can find the missions at your launch pad. - Day 14 - Today, go read the essay about using a calendar. Most of us are calendar challenged, and this essay is a way of making it so easy for us to understand.
  1. Family - nope
  2. Others - nope
  3. Paperwork - paid bills
  4. Vitamins AM PM
  5. January Tasks: 
  • Decide on fabric for the backing and thread - and prep the fabric to cut the strips,
  • QG to QB,
  • Org emails, mint categorize, reports to TP and google,
  • Health Insurance for DS,
  • Papers for familyt,
  • Contact boston dentist,
  • contact friends for catch-up notes
  • Make appt for mammo and bones
  • Lab work
  • Appt doctor
  • Wear Contacts
  • Appt eye doctor
  • Appt teeth cleaning
  • Give Reuben access and notes on communications
  • Reminders to org for outstanding invoices
  • Meet with new 2nd VP about his position

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!