Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sun Mar 3: Our Son is 25 Today

Fitbit Activity: 12454 steps taken, 2 floors climbed, 5.19 miles traveled, 1952 calories burned, 437 active score

Today our son turns 25 years old.  He was quite happy when he called this morning.  His friend got him a printer as a gift.  One more reason for him to not stop by the house.  But he is happy and that is what is important.

So today I went to Live Alive for a lunch by myself - salad and soup.  I took soup home and had that for dinner.  It was strange sitting at the single person table watching all the other people come and go....

I dropped off the soup then went to Shaw's to get new milk, some spray starch so I can press out my new fabric and get it ready to cut, and some baking powder to leave in the frig.  I can't figure out where the oder is coming from but hopefully the open baking powder container will help!

I watched an episode from the first year of Upstairs Downstairs and some regular TV before heating my soup and eating it.

Then finally I started pressing the fabric and cutting the 4.5 and 2.5 inch strips.  My friend looked at what I was going to do with the strips and asked if I was abandoning liberating quilting - I'm not.  It's just that with this pattern it's easier to go with straight seams.  And I want to get to the stage where I'm actually quilting so want this piecing part to go quickly.

DH is happy - he won top prize in a board game jam - that's where people get together and make a board game in 48 hours.

I thought a lot what was happening 25 years ago.  I had dreams of having a really close and open hearted family - but my guys like to keep their cards close to their chests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!