Friday, March 1, 2013

Fri Mar 1: ICA Boston & Mom

FitBit Activity: 12347 steps taken, 13 floors climbed, 5.15 miles traveled, 2151 calories burned, 628 active score 

DH decided yesterday to go to a board game jam this weekend in Toronto - so after oatmeal I went with him as far as the ICA - he went on to the airport.

The ICA is in a beautiful setting by the harbor - has 4 stories of glass facing the water so it takes advantage of the location in a way.

There however is just one floor of exhibits so it's not a lot to see.  It was perhaps a little too contemporary for my taste or I was in a mood.  I'm not sure.  The cafe was closing early as they were having first Monday event - an additional $15 that would have let me see the Oscar contender short films.  I left in search of lunch. While I was there I got a call that my mom was ill they wanted to know to take her to ER, urgent care or what.  I said we needed information to tell the doctor and to call her before taking mom anywhere.

Went to a seafood place near the courthouse.  Had an okay lobster roll and ice tea.

Then I went walking thru Boston.  Rushed home when I realized my phone was dead so I could get news from home regarding mom.

It ended up it's her back that is hurting - so they put a lidoderm(sp?) patch on and made an appointment with her regular doctor.  I hope she will be feeling better soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!