Monday, December 31, 2012

SewCalGal 2012

I completed the monthly challenges and posted about them on my blog with the label SewCalGalFMQ2012

As I posted each type I showed photos of my attempt(s) and most of the time showed the front and the back of the block.

Next time I think I would do all all the blocks with the same color, and just change the thread for alternating months - then I'd join using strips and I'd have a quilt!

I starting the year as a real beginner breaking more than seven needles for one of the challenges - now I can move the fabric and get an entire lap quilt FMQed with one or two needles.  For me that's progress!

I wanted to expose myself to different instructors and ways to have directions given.  This was a good way to do that.  I've now been exposed to, and learned from different folks.  Tried things I never would have tried out on my own.  Most were successful and are in my tool kit now!

I hope everyone got out of the event what they wanted to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!