Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Days - Fabric and Other Things Aug 14 - 20)


Fabric
Tuesday - Nothing with fabric
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
Monday -

Archers
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
Monday -

Way Too Much Information
Tuesday - Took mom to exercise for her last day for a month.  I have hired a student to come work with her so she keeps up with her exercise.  It's too hot to walk her to the beauty college - I'll ask DS to drive her tomorrow.  Worked on the agenda for the planning meeting with online help from President and DH.  At the meeting DH took minutes.  I got several nice compliments on how I ran the meeting.  They appreciated that I kept them to task without seeming to rush them - made me feel great to hear that!

Wednesday - Hot.  Dragged DH back to IKEA for that bed.  But we realized we could save a bunch by pulling the boxes to van and putting together ourselves, so we just ate and returned home.  I worked on the vendor form - testing to verify it was saving information.  DH had to tweek.  I typed in some suggestions from the meeting last night but ended up getting help from someone who had some better phrases to use.  So now that form is open too.  Picked yellow squash - had that with left overs for dinner.

Thursday - Hot. Working on getting forms and webpages ready for the conference.  DS came and took mom to beauty college.  It took a long time - after 90 minutes he told me he went to the front desk to ask how long it would be.  Turns out the student just left my mom there....  One of the teachers apparently stepped in and finished up the haircut and styling.  When DS told me the place was closed - I'll have to call to get the details.

Friday - Hot. Working on getting forms and webpages ready for the conference.

Saturday - Hot. Working on getting forms and webpages ready for the conference. We were supposed to go to Julian for the star party, but DH didn't feel well so we cancelled the BBQ and the star party.

Sunday - Hot.  Was planning on just working on our bookkeeping, but a committee chair for the conference emailed - he had time today to work on things so I helped and also did some work on the house.  During the mowing I cut off a sprinkler head that Josie had left too high - I didn't see it as the grass was high too.  So got side tracked figuring out how to fix that.  I went to Home Depot and got three sprinklers as there was one that kept turning direction at the side of the house, and there was a sign on the kind there that said it also would water near the sprinkler head so I replaced the one where we have some brown patches.  The one that I ran over though didn't work right when I put it in, so tomorrow I'll get a new one.

Monday - Had a difficult time sleeping - slept in on Monday.  It wasn't as hot as it has been, but I had that sprinkler to take care of.  Had breakfast, then realized I had to charge my phone.  Dug the sprinkler area a little lower - then finally to Home Depot.  But first had to drop by mom's with more supplies - DS didn't leave enough last Thursday.  Returned the adjustable sprinkler - looked at the new plant offerings, got another sprinkler - looked for a 2 in one but couldn't find one.  Did get a soaker hose and a little joiner deal so I can hook the soaker to a regular hose.  Then to store for Egyptian Licorice Mint tea and pineapple popcycles!  Made some tea and cooled down then went outside to fix the sprinkler and set up the new soaker around the peach and the lime tree.  The lime tree works great - the peach tree and planters don't seen to be getting enough water pressure.  I discovered that you can buy a two sided tube that you can twist in the hole to connect it to the sprinkler - and that can be taller so when you clear the line by turning on the water it doesn't flood the sprinkler line with mud.  Made a delicious salad for dinner:  five diced peaches, one can black beans rinsed, about 4 T finely chopped mint, and squeezes of honey to taste.  Had that with a hot dog for dinner.  DH wanted the hot dog - I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Feedback is welcome!