Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Days - Fabric and Other Things

Fabric

Tuesday - Nothing with fabric
Wednesday - Nothing so far with fabric - planning how to sew letters in fabric
Thursday - Nothing with fabric
Friday - Nothing with fabric
Saturday - Nothing with fabric
Sunday - Nothing with fabric
Monday - Nothing with fabric

The Archers - 15 minutes

Wednesday - Listened to episodes - it's been on the air since before I was born!  I think it will be good to eventually do something while I'm listening.... will have to find my earplugs so I can walk around while listening.
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
Monday -


Way Too Much Information

Tuesday - Can't remember what I did for most of the day.  I ended with transplanting two lawn plugs to the back yard where the sprinklers are not watering properly and then starting to really go down in the dirt in the side front yard to sift out the rocks and just loosen the soil.  I tested running a drip line from the back to the front but the tube was not really long enough. DS called to tell us he has be accepted into the Cognitive Linguistics MA program!  He plans to start this fall.

Wednesday - Today DH unexpectedly left to work on campus.  It took me a while to ramp up to working on things that are easier when he is not here.  I like to listen to TV and walk back and forth to different rooms between downloading data and putting it in to Quickbooks.  When he is here I feel like I need to be quiet....  I ended up spending a bunch of time working on the drip system.  The new manifold that I purchased thru Amazon blew apart just a few seconds into the first test of using it - I guess that's why it's really better to buy in person and to keep receipts to return things.  I have enough tubing now to put about four drips from the back to the front.  It would just be a temporary thing and I still have to water a section between the walk and the driveway by hand anyway so maybe I should just skip this experiment.  The new tubing is not as flexible as the type I have been using - but the water still goes thru the kinked sections.  I'll be more careful to be sure not to tug it and cause more kinks.  DH decided to not go to the meetup so we went to dinner - to place in El Cajon - we had gone first time a few weeks ago.  The food the first time was fabulous - tonight was okay - even though I ordered the same salmon curry it was not as good at all.  After we went to yet another Home Depot and bought more stuff including compost and amendments for the front side yard.  I didn't realize Jose was not going to prepare the soil before he put the plugs in the front yard, so I'm back tracking that expense and trying to make up by doing it myself....

Thursday - Can't remember - busy with organization and conference I think - or the yard....

Friday - Can't remember - busy with organization and conference I think - or the yard....

Saturday - Can't remember - busy with organization and conference I think - or the yard....

Sunday - Can't remember - busy with organization and conference I think - or the yard....

Monday - Can't remember - busy with organization and conference I think - or the yard....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy week and it's just Wednesday. Hope you find some time to put in a few minutes sewing later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is welcome!