Subject to adding more rows in all directions - here is how I decided to finish the edges of the tumbler quilt. I put one row at top and the bottom of all color blocks. And at the side I added enough blocks so there is one column of all color - and then a straight edge with the beige that is in between the blocks in the center of the quilt.
I think I'll quilt by making vertical lines sort of echoing the zig zag of the pieces - so this will be done all in one piece - not QAYG. Unless I decide to make the quilt larger. Then I will use Sara's method of adding rows!
DH told me he saw a bunch of inexpensive tables at Lowes - think will check them out to see if one would be something I could use to baste quilts.
I'm pressing all the rows so they are in one direction. There are a few pieces where the fabric flipped instead of staying put - but so far only one that got twisted.
Hmm. If I had a design wall I would have worked more with the order of the colors - but I did clump them together so it looks like I scattered them on the top with some order....
I'm really surprised at how I'm enjoying putting this top together. It would be lovely to be able to use it!