Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Free Motion Quilting Project: Week #2

Leah Day 2012 Project Week 2

Still more to do to catch up - but making progress!  I still do not like stippling - it's too unorganized even when you do it in rows the way Leah describes.....

After viewing the guidelines, I realized I did my small version (follow up to week one) in the random way.  I started in rows but they were vertical ones - oh well.

Here is my week 2 practice.  I will no doubt go back and do more - but want to get caught up in all my deadline projects too.

I sewed on the other side of this sample - the ugly fabric side.  I'm please that this side is smooth and looks pretty good.  In this view I started at the bottom left and ended in the top left with the circle.

I didn't break any needles - but two times had a problem with the threads - it was just on the top as you can see the back looks pretty good.  It's like the needle pulled up two threads or something.

The lime green thread is my first spool of Isocord.  Boy, it's a lot easier to thread the needle with this thread - however, it's much thinner than the red thread I have been using so all the individual stitches stand out more.  For some people that's a good thing.  Anyway, I can see why people like this thread.  I'm going to have to go back to that fire sale and grab at least a few spools - maybe I'll get the grey color that I read is popular...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!