Sunday, February 6, 2011

WSF - FMQ Sampler - Radio Static (Beg)

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-50-radio-static.html

Before:
The directions are clear.  I thought I would be able to do the stacking without twisting the fabric.
Front Radio Static

After:
I broke a needle and the thread broke about three times while I was doing my little example block.  It's been a while since I have been doing this and  I didn't realize that I was really supposed to start at the top of the line - I moved it down as it appeared at the beginning of the video.  So there is a little bit without any stitching, but when I go back I can probably add something if it looks really out of place.

This really was a beginning FMQ pattern I think - just have to be careful about not going up into the previous row of points, but even if you do it doesn't look bad.
back - Radio Static