Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Letters and Cookies

I finished up some pieced letters tonight after my Valentine's Dinner with Be -

They are for a charity project one of my online friends, Clare,  has organized.  She asks for 8.5 inch squares with the letters spelling 'love'.  Can be one letter per square or all in one block, but must be with red and white fabric.


The cookies in the photo are my gift to Be and Al for Valentine's Day - thought they made the picture look better!

Valentine's Day Almond Cookies

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 can of amond paste (the goopy kind)
2 eggs
a little oil (probably 1/4 cup) and vanilla and almond extract
mix until combined.

Put in the frig to stiffen the dough up.

Put in mounds on cookie sheet lined with parchment.  Top with sliced almonds. (I used my cookie scoop that Ba sent me!)

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or the edges are starting to turn color.

Remove from pan and let cool until they stiffen up a bit, then transfer off the paper to cooling rack.

These are wonderfully chewy, but have really nice crisp edges too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is welcome!